Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Blog

As part of my desire to write when possible, I've decided to make daily updates to my blog and resume my poem-a-day. Last year, my writing schedule was erratic, but perhaps this year will be the year I finally figure out of the balance.

Our new year's eve was the quietest of quiet. A pizza picnic on the floor with the boys watching "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (Jude's pick, naturally). Then a game night as Jude and I played Connect Four and then Jeff and Jude played Connect Four while Sullivan and I played What's in Ned's Head? (A game both boys love!)

Unfortunately, I rolled into bed a bit after 9:00 with a stomachache, but that seems to have abated this morning.

Without further ado, my first attempt at poeming for the new year:

New year and new chance
to wake up
and in the hazy state,
the foggy ether
between sleep and wake
to turn the dreams
into reality
instead of turning reality
into dreams
to spend less time
in the haze
and more time
awake
and dreaming

Happy New Year to you. Hope it is a great one.

No comments: