Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Year In Review

Hi Mom.

So, it has been a year since I posted my last blog. It used to be the only outlet I felt as though I had for the thoughts and ideas that go raging through my brain. I blogged and had friends who blogged and we exchanged blogs and blog blog blog blog.

No frightening new revelations (so you can keep reading, Mom). I am a year older (though probably not an hour wiser) and I took the huge leap, quitting the safety of "day job" to find my way through writing. It is what I love to do.

It has been a rough year in some ways. Jude is getting older and I can see the ways in which kids can be cruel. It breaks my heart to see him crying because some other thoughtless seven-year-old has hurt him. I had very good friends move away and I miss them terribly.

But mostly it has been a year that taught me that I need to be me, need to be the truest and best me I can be. And all that.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll write here again before another year has passed.

Miss you.

No comments: