Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Blogging is Cheapter Than Therapy

So if you made it through my last post and are still here (and I don't assume that you are, but if you are, "Hi"), well this is going to continue. I like writing here, whether anyone reads this or not.

I don't have cancer or any severed limbs, so I am feeling better. Oh and I quit my shrink so that gives me hope. Hope. What a bitch that is.

From browsing other blogs, I have picked up on the fact that people blog about all sorts of stuff: kids, hobbies, life. I love talking about my kids and my hobby is writing but the thought of writing about writing just seems odd to me.

So from now on, just going to write whatever comes to mind. I would love to say that it will all be high brow tomes about life and love and religion and politics, but umm, no.

As a disclaimer, I must say that I was raised with manners and with a certain sense that there are things that you just don't talk about. Well, those are the things that interest me the most. I am an introverted little emotion ball of neuroses, but my mind is ever active.

I love to write, but I don't keep a journal. I have, off and on, but I don't really have the discipline to write in it every day. So I will write here when I want. Won't write when I don't.

And writing just about my brain has exhausted me. The fact that there are chemicals inside one's brain that cause changes in mood and emotion even moreso than external factors but other things fascinate me, too. I start a new medication tomorrow. I am hoping it will cut down on the whole crying at work thing.

Today is my anniversary. Since I am such a giver, I will admit that it is Jeff's anniversary too. I love my husband. I could stick a whole string of byperbole in here, fawning about how super marriage is and how my husband farts rainbows and life is beautiful all the time, but of course that isn't true. Instead, I will say that marriage is wonderful. And hard. It is comforting and challenging and it is good. Nine years we have been married. I will say that after being married to Jeff for 9 years, I want to keep knowing him. Want to learn more about him. Really wish he would tell me his last name.

It won't always be pretty, this blog, but like my marriage, it will endure through good and bad. And look at it this way: if you made it all the way through the PMS post unscarred, then you're in pretty good shape.

And sometimes that is the most anyone can hope for.

2 comments:

Josh Hosler said...

I made it through the last post. And this one. And the ones to come.

Marriage is wonderful, isn't it? And hard. And worth it. I'm going on eleven years myself.

Kimberly said...

Eleven years, Josh? Impressive. And yep, marriage is hard. But totally worth it.