Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sky Rockets in Flight

So, I have discovered that my two-year-old does not like fireworks. Lessons like these are always learned the hard way, aren't they? Yesterday we had a family day at my dad's house and my brother-in-law, Joshua, was lighting off fireworks in the backyard. Jude cried, saying "I don't like that. It's too loud." Then, he begged us to take him home. Instead we took him into the house and soothed him with some "Forensic Files" (okay, my dad was watching that and Jude wanted to sit on my lap and watch with Papa) and sweet cherries. Our 4th of July plans have had to be altered, but that's just the way with kids -- things change. We adapt.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't check in to the blog all the time so I never know if I should post my responses as they come to me as I am reading the old post, or wait to the end and try to hit all my points in one big post.

I am very excited to read about your new pregnancy. To have one child would be wonderful but to have two must be thrilling, and a little scary. I am just hoping some day to be blessed with just one. To my chagrin, not everyone has an easy time getting pregnant. It is just taking me a little longer than expected.

Your boss seems like a jerk. Your description was amazing. I could see you so clearly behind that table on your hands and knees. I could even see the look on your face when you were sarcastic to him. You still got it babe. Your posts are a lot of fun to read. When you are reading my posts just remember I never said I was any good at the English langue so don't cringe too much.

Oh, I also like those druggie movies like Transpotting, boy was that a trip. Got any more to recommend? I wrote down the other two from you post I will let you know what I think. I recently watched a couple of movies from that Horror Fest that went around about a year ago. Neither were anything to write Kim about. I have not seen a truly scary horror movie in a while. Lately I watch them with the remote in my hand so that I can fast forward during the long drawn out pseudo suspenseful dramatic moments. How long can a chase through the woods take. I did like Hostel enough to want to see Hostel 2. Tourist was a waist of time. I am most excited about Harry Potter the movie and the book. Can’t wait to see how it all ends.

Love you bunches,
Amber