Monday, February 26, 2007

Thoughts Thought For The Past Few Days

After seeing so many average and horrible (thanks, Black Dahlia, I am still not over you), I am still in search of the next movie I am going to love or at least really like. I thought I had found this movie in Layer Cake. From the beginning it was British and smart (I admit it: I love smart and British). Daniel Craig was good and the story was interesting. But, then, halfway through, the movie got unnecessarily complicated, splitting off this way and that. I got lost. And, I discovered to my dismay, I wasn't all that interested in finding my way back. So, I turned off Layer Cake and decided instead to watch Rent. I fancy myself a bohemian at heart (albeit a bohemian with a house and a steady income) and love musicals, so Rent is perfect for me. I love the songs, the characters. There are so many movies that I have never seen, but I like the comfort of one that I know I like.
Speaking of comfort, it is comforting for me to know that my small child is already a con artist in the making. Last night as I dressed him in his pajamas, he pointed to the small red bottle on his dresser and said "I want Tylenol in my mouth." (Yes, he is two and that is how he talks.) I explained to him that Tylenol is only for making stuffed noses or coughs better. Then, my little dear let out the most pathetic little fake cough that I have ever heard. I couldn't help but laugh at him.
It has been a very hard week all things considered. Even though I was barely pregnant, my body had apparently adjusted already to being pregnant and is still adjusting to not being pregnant. The first few days I felt okay, really, but now, over a week later, I am still upset, but getting better. It has been a hard adjustment for my body to make. I don't recall the adjustment even being this hard after I physically had a baby. Of course, then I was recovering from the surgery and had a tiny baby and no sleep to occupy my time. When I have too much free time to think, I am capable of really mentally torturing myself.
Speaking of mental torture, I can't remember if I mentioned my utter distate for The Black Dahlia. It burned into my brain and I fear that years from now when I can barely remember my own name, its images will haunt me. Not likely to haunt me, though, is The Break-Up, which is the most recent Kimberly-Jeff (of Jeff-Kimberly, if you prefer) movie watched. I thought it was funny and enjoyed it.
This week's poll: Which tv show (currently on the air) cast would you most like to join? I chose How I Met Your Mother since they all seem fun and Jeff chose The Office since he said it seems you can get away with doing very little.

No comments: