Monday, October 6, 2008

I Have Found Me A Home

One of the benefits of being so behind in my blogging is that there is a never-ending amount of material from which to draw.

When we last left me, I was working for therapists and telemarketers. Those jobs last three days and two days, respectively. I quit when I was offered a full time job at a law firm. Despite my rather vocal reluctance to work in the legal field again, I couldn't turn down the chance to quit being a telemarketer. I was offered the job last Wednesday and started last Thursday.

My new place of employment is in a beautiful old house converted into an office. The entire top floor (upstairs) is attorneys' offices and the bottom floor (downstairs) is the staff area. It is a big open area (living room?) with many desks and files. I love the office. I have my own work space, a big desk sitting out in the open, but not touching anyone else's desk. And files. There are files everywhere. But organized neatly.

There is a tiny kitchen, functional but not fancy. Beautiful hardwood floors in the main reception area. And a tiny little staff bathroom with a blue toilet and a blue sink. I must say, that makes me feel like home. (Except at home I have a pink sink.)

I love the building. It is downtown, but not part of a fussy new downtown infrastructure. It has history and beauty. Oh and people. There are people there, too.

They seem nice.

Song of the Day: "I Have Found Me A Home" by Jimmy Buffett, not that it is a favorite song because it is just an okay one, but because I stole the title for my blog.

DVD Review of the Day: I'm watching the first season of Dexter and am really, really digging it. Yes it is morbid, but so clever. Plus, I like morbid.

1 comment:

R.J. Keller said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Even bigger congrats on getting out of telemarketing.

But biggest congrats on scoring a pink sink.