Thursday, October 9, 2008

You've Got To Be Starting Something

Under some serious pressure from Jeff at Dung! I am doing my list of 5 must-watch shows. In keeping with my infamous gift of procrastination, I have been mulling over the list and still haven't been able to narrow it down. So I will go with whatever is in my head tonight and then will revise it later as necessary.

I actually started this blog about four days ago but I plan to finish it tonight (Sunday).

In no particular order, here are my five favorite shows to catch every week:

1. Pushing Daisies. It is so pretty to look at and I love the narration. A very sweet show that appeals to my sweet side. Quirky. I am a sucker for quirky. And I love Olive. And the aunts.

2. The Office. This is one show that Jeff and I watch together every week. Love it. Funny stuff. And yes, I love Creed. Blah, blah British version is better and all that. I still love it.

3. House. Hugh Laurie is awesome. Interesting medical mysteries and a twisted, conflicted main character. Definitely on my must-watch list every week.

4. Psych. Hilarious. Love it. It has some of the best lines on tv, lots of silly little inside jokes. My favorite show to quote. And since it is not currently on the air until January, it shouldn't even count as a choice, leaving room for:

4.5. Robot Chicken. I laugh myself silly at the idiocy of this show. I love it, though I feel immature for loving it.

5. Skins. I was actually torn between two shows, but this show got bumped up onto the main list due to last week's episode, which actually made me say OMFG outloud. I even had to describe it in detail to Jeff who doesn't really watch and who doesn't even know the names of the characters. So when I said that Tony finally told Michele that he loves her and that she is the only one for him after all of the horrible stuff he did and then he got hit by a bus, Jeff actually said, "What?" He translated it as such: "About a Boy guy (since the guy who plays Tony is the same kid from the movie About a Boy only grown up now and quite nicely) told Cute Girl With Accent (they all have accents, Jeff!!!) that he loves her. . . " And there is a beautiful scene at the end with Sid and Cassie finally meeting up again (translated by Jeff as geeky guy with glasses and hat and girl who almost died). Well, I guess Jeff watches it more than I thought.

Reaper also shouldn't count as a selection because it isn't currently on. Not until mid-season. So, it doesn't count, but I would definitely throw it on the list, too. Sock is very funny and Andi and Sam are both cute, but the show belongs to Ray Wise. He is so funny and seems to enjoy his role so much that he is half the reason that it will make my list when it reappears on air.

Apparently I have to pick my favorite show because the Nazi I live with is insisting upon it, which is totally bogus. If I only could choose one to watch every week, it would definitely be one of these five. Yep. Definitely one of them. How about making me pick my favorite child next? I think it might be The Office, though. Hilarious. But all the other shows are good, too.

There isn't room for them on the list but How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory would likely tie for a spot if something else fell off. They both make me laugh and I really like the casts of each.

So, there it is. My tv list (for now).

I have also recently started a new writing project. I love new writing projects, especially a new novel. I love the idea. Yes, technically that brings the grand total of novels I am workng on in one way or another to four (4) and none of them ever seems to get finished, but I am great at starting them.

Now, let's see if I can see one through to the end.

Song of the day: "97 Bonnie and Clyde" The Tori Amos version of Eminem's song is very eerie.

It is mid October so movie reviews for the rest of the month will be horror movies. Go Halloween!

2 comments:

Brian in Real Life, Mojo on the Xbox said...

I can honestly say I have never heard of the show Skins.

I miss Psych already...

Kimberly said...

Skins is on BBC America. It is sort of the "Gossip Girl" of England, only way better. I am addicted. I happen to read about it somewhere, was intrigued and decided to give it a try.

British shows can be so very good :)

Ditto the Psych thing. This season was very funny.