Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm A Little Off

Yesterday I had the entire day off of work. The day started off well and I had the noblest of intentions for my day. However, approximately 26 inches of snow fell (more like 2, but it may as well have been 26) and I had to dig out my coat and boots, regardless of what my last post said.

What I was going to do with my day:

Give blood.
Take self to nice lunch.
Call former coworker to check in on her.
Thorough cleaning of kitchen.
Two good chapters of novel.

What I did with my day:

Sat on couch and watched Sicko.
Cried a bit about state of health care in U.S.
Cheered self up by watching Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Washed three dishes to feel productive.
Two okay pages of novel.

At least I still got to bond with my little ones. I lifted Sullivan up over my head and played "flying baby" and he laughed and laughed. Very cool. Then, he drooled all over my face.

Amusing (to me) Jude story of the day: Jude took all of the knights out of his castle and loaded them onto the back of one of his trucks. He informed me that the guys all had to go to the hospital. When I asked why, he replied "Because their water broke".

No comments: