Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

I have been known to be a glass-half-empty kind of gal (but only by people who know me, know of me or have heard of me); that is not entirely fair. I am also a glass-is-chipped-and-cranberry-juice-is-leaking-out-onto-my-new-outfit kind of gal. But I am attempting to affect a new attitude for spring, which, I have read, was supposed to have started today, though the geographical region in which I live apparently did not get Mother Nature's memo.

It is cold here, but not to me. I have begun wearing my sandals. I have packed my boots away and refuse to wear them anymore. Same with my winter coat. My one nod to reality is that I wear tights with my sandals, but I refuse to cram my feet into winter boots for one more day. I do still bundle up the boys like we are in the Arctic, but I am dressing for spring. Colorful shirts, happy-colored skirts. (Side note: as I was buckling Jude into his car seat this morning he said to me "Mom, your shirt is really pretty." I think that might be the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me).

In light of the sweetness of spring, I would like to take a moment to discuss Cake. Not cake, the baked confection which, frankly, I could give or take (I am more of an ice cream lover), but Cake, the band. Today's song of the day is "Comfort Eagle" by Cake.

Get out. Enjoy spring. Wear tights if you must and most of all, grab the cake that you love the most and take a great big bite.

1 comment:

JC UNITED said...

That shite winter is finally over! Of course, some snow sprung yesterday on your Good Friday off. But Spring is still out there, ready to bloom and make you smile, Pretty Wife.